2021 Year in Review
This week I have been reflecting on 2021 which, not to mince words, has been one roller coaster of a year. I started 2021 in Pittsburgh, living in my parents basement, not sure what was next and now I am in LA with my boyfriend of two years with an exciting new job. I also write to you now as I have COVID and am miles away from said boyfriend visiting family.
I am not sure if there is a moral or lesson I can derive from this year, or honestly if I have the brainpower to contextualize this year in the grand scheme of my life, but I did want to take a moment to celebrate the year with a little “Best of” list. Below you will find my favorite feature films, short films, and articles I have written in 2021. I hope you enjoy and have an amazing (and healthy) New Year!
My Favorite Articles of 2021
- Filmmaker David Weissman on Building Intergenerational Bridges for Queer Men – Hansen.bursic.com
- Amplifying Abolition: Behind the Scenes with Working Films – CinéSPEAK
- The Kids Are More Than Alright: Documentaries To Watch on Youth Activism – Documentary.org
- Outfest’s Documentary Lineup A Reminder of LGBTQ Resilience – Documentary Magazine
- The Pride Tipping Point: Why I Reject The “Gen Z is Canceling Pride” Narrative – QBurgh
Honorable Mention: Four Ways To Be A Better Trans Ally in your Documentary Filmmaking – Documentary.org